1 stick salted butter
1/2 cup organic brown sugar
1/2 cup organic cane sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup organic whole wheat flour
1/2 cup organic white flour
1/2 cup organic peanut butter
1 cup butterscotch morsels
*preheat oven to 350
1. In a saucepan, under the lowest heat possible, melt the butter very very slowly. If the butter appears to be melting quickly, turn off the burner and slow down the process. You want to melt it at a very low temp, so that when you add the eggs, they won’t cook.
2. When butter has completely melted, remove from heat and briskly whisk in two eggs. Whisk for approximately 1 minute- the mixture should be slightly thick.
3. Add sugar, baking soda and baking powder and whisk until fully blended.
4. Add flour by the 1/2 cup, whisking and then switching to a spatula as the mixture thickens. Fold batter well, so that the flour is thoroughly mixed. Fold in the peanut butter.
5. Lastly, using your spatula, fold in the butterscotch morsels. Make sure you mix them in well so that they are evenly distributed!
6. Spread mixture in an 11×7 greased pan (I just use a little earth balance that I apply with paper towel) and cook in oven for approx. 30 min or until you can stick a toothpick in the center and not draw batter. I like mine gooey and did them for 25 minutes. Allow these to cool when they come out of the oven as they will “sink” and properly look like the brownies that they are. Enjoy!